I was happily watching TV at home after work yesterday when I was informed by my mum that the notorious Klang municipal councillor Zakaria who built a mansion and had a satay house without a permit had passed away (apparently even this made it to the SMS alert from Star so many knew about it).
Me : Died?
Mum : Yes, die already (in chinese - "sei chor") !
Me : What? How? What do you mean die already?
Mum : Yes, just passed away after dinner
Me : Huh? You mean heart attack?
Mum : Dunno, must be....
Me : Wah, like "po ying" (chinese, meaning - paying for sins)
Mum : Ya, got big house also cannot enjoy... must go enjoy more la...
And at that moment, I turned on to Berjaya TV channel 502 on Astro (24 hour news), hoping to catch some of this gossip, when the TV turned to a special Bahasa talk show segment on "How to Handle Stress" - and I was watching it for 5 mins, and they mention hypertension causing heart attack, blah blah...
My heart felt a bit funny for a second. I recalled one occasion running the treadmill at a frantic pace just to get some of those overflow of info off my head... and I wonder, how come now I don't feel so stressed anymore? Or has hypertension set in within my low blood pressure?
Stress Kills...
And I am getting old too... systems stress level not good already...
(Post script - I was told that "po ying" means die a terrible death, but this guy really died away peacefully... so I wonder how many nasty SMS he received before his heart give up...)
With sincere apologies that I do not intend to make humor out of people's death, just the coincidence and realisation is that we should all live with less stress and also with every moment fulfilled always.....
6 Best Iron Filters for Well Water in 2026
6 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment