Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Terry Fox "Walk" 4 Nov 2007

For two years in a row, the Terry Fox Run has become the Terry Fox Walk. This inspiring event about Terry Fox a Canadian who battled cancer to run across Canada has been made into such a commercial event that the ever quiet Lake Gardens was swamped with people last Sunday for this annual run/walk where it is notoriously known that the entire expat community is present in one area in one day.

My initial intention of running before the run to practice for the Singapore Half Marathon did not turn out when I turned up late, just around 9am, with my precious camera in a tow. And when I saw the crowd of people "walking" up the hills of the starting point, I was not sure if I could run or walk or take photos as the crowd was just too much.
Eventually, I waited 10 minutes, saw a few colleagues bringing their children, one crazy young colleague who lugged along 3 cameras --- a Leica (I've only heard of this), a Nikon and another which I cannot even remember the name. Then I noticed the strategic positioning of the Lensa Malaysia members, all along the path - how did I notice? I ran the route with my camera!!! I practiced this run ahead and stop when I saw someone interesting, and the stop allowed me to rest for a few seconds as well, so it turned out well.
All in, a pretty eventful simple Sunday morning, good exercise, charitable cause, and even managed to see family members of my colleagues - a rare family day out.

Pic 1 - The Terry Fox "Walk" - up the first ramp

Pic 2 - I am ahead of you!

Pic 3 - Crocs and clown hats makes me a fatherly figure...
Pic 4 - All together now...

No comments: