Thursday, August 21, 2003

Time... I've been passing time watching trains go by....

How fast time flies... Before you know it two months has passed and a non-proactive blogger like me has procrastinated writing for almost 1/6 of a year!

Blogging is like a diary.... the question is that are you blogging with the intention of asking others to read the blog or are you blogging to release the thoughts by writing? Do you actually think about a third party reading your blogs in the future or is it just for yourself?

The real truth is that no one writes for themselves. We all have our demons and whispers within us, our devils and angels over our shoulders asking us to do the things we want to do for a reason.

I am bogged down by three things which is very heavy on my mind recently -
1) Career
2) Love
3) What interests me

I read the book again and again - "Anyone can do it" by the creators of the Coffee Republic coffee chain in UK. Although I've never been to Coffee Republic, the book definitely means a lot to me because again, it makes me think of the three things above.

Career. Am I doing the right thing? I'm doing what I am good at, but suddenly I realised I am good at beating challenges, not anything specific, but I enjoy the challenge, not the job. So what am I doing now at the office? Nothing! No wonder I've been bogged down mentally by this rut over the past years of the in between times.

Love. According to the book, if you treat everything you do with the same way as starting a business, ie. know what you like and do something about it, do market research, implement, harvest. It works the same way with love as well. I am stuck with a thought of all the people whom I liked but left me, and maybe I am not working on a plan to do something about it. Get up, get out and get in the market. Do the market research.

What interests me. I love coffee. I like mobile technology. I like to solve problems and think why things are such a way. People who think the same way interests me. I like to be on the move, and do things for others. I like people who allow me to be who I am. I like a job which enables me to be the best, working for the best team, the best leaders. I need to do something about my life.

BTW, I am really excited that I got my butt up and got this wireless thing working from the router Beng Choon passed to me. I feel that if I really want to do something, nothing can stop me. It only took me two days and two hours. Why did I not do this earlier? This is really cool.

No comments: