Monday, August 25, 2003

Why the processor never stops....

Perhaps I should shed some light on the title of this blog. I've only confessed to one or two people about how I liken my mind to a processor which never stops. I found this analogy very relevant especially on the occasional trip over the last year or so when I noticed that even during weekends I needed to go out to shopping centres or movies to enable my mind to have things to absorb. I'd remember strolling through shopping complexes and window shopping, except that I would not be thinking about the stressful matters, I'd find it perfectly relaxing thinking of void, but I knew my mind was processing information, color of the dresses on the winder, era of the design, how cute purple looks, how fast the camera models change, why having pretty girls as salespersons sells cameras, etc. It was the only occasion when I really felt my mind is working to process, but I was not thinking, it was as if it never stopped running from the workdays and it overflowed to the weekend and I had to feed it to appease my appetite for information.

It is a rather morbid and boring description of the title, but you would have to truly understand me well to know what it really means. Of late the information processing streaks has stopped, I suspect because of the workload and stress at work having been lightened recently. However, I have also been more focussed on fewer goals and less distractions, which may account for the lack of 'appetite' of the mind.... meanwhile blogging has served to alleviate the desire as much as coffee has provided the adrenalin to all of us...

Blogging is a drug for the mind...!

No comments: