Thursday, April 06, 2006

Teachable Point of View (TPOV)

As part of leadership development training module I am doing, I have been asked to outline my teachable point of view (TPOV). A TPOV is something you believe in and a core principle which impacts the way you deal with people and situations. I would like to share here, as practice for the coming training session where I have to share this within a video-taped session (!).

My TPOV is "intent from the heart". When I am committed to a piece of work or executing a responsibility or dealing with people, I am committed to intent from the heart. Intent must be clear, because in everything we do, there is always consequences. If I am not clear on my intent, the mind will always never be one with the heart.

I am by no means a leader, but my teaching if any, to myself, is to be clear with good intent in the heart, then it no longer matters what others think or do because I am guided with my own internal light.

No comments: