Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time Flies

Time waits for no man.
Time is of the essence.
Time will tell.

How fast time flies. Almost 4 months have passed of this year. It seemed like just yesterday the new year began. History extends itself and coming events beckons.

Yesterday whilst sorting my taxes, a few photos dropped out from one of my folders, of myself maybe 4 years ago, when I celebrated New Year's at KLCC. I looked in the mirror and found a stranger staring back, a stranger to the photo I found. What have I done to myself? I knew immediately that age is one instance where it waits for no one.

There is a friend I have known for almost half my life. The % of how long increases by year, so it is a good statistic of time. And I have a close colleague who is so different, from another country and whom I have known for less than two years. 2 years and almost 20 years. And yet, each to his own, I thank you both for being my friend.

Perhaps for the love of taking off the stress or challenging myself, I have taken to running races occasionally but more regularly over the last 8 months. Time seems to have not passed, as I felt as if I have ran for 5 years! I look forward to each race with passion, even when I know not many close friends who run. And here, I learn I enjoy new things everyday.

Time brings about new things, new friends, new discovery, and passing by we age, gracefully, and cherish more, those around us.

Time is priceless, treasure it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All of us are hikers
on a great hike up a great hill,
It is hazy and visibility is often poor.
you go up a small hill, only to decend again
and acsend yet another hill,
never knowing whether you are still going up
or are on your way down.
And so distracted are you on the tiny hills
along the way,
that you fail to notice when you are at the top,
and stop to enjoy the view.
For futher along the path, never will you ever have
a more splendid sight of the world.
A greater sense of achievement.
But which hilltop, is the zenith of the mountain?
Which valley, the final descend to death?
and where furthermore,
are the cliff faces and drops
that will destroy you should you falter.

May Ching said...

Thought provoking... Walk on every path you go without fear, and you will realise it does not matter which one leads to the final descend. This is my two cents on living an extreme life.