Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Ultramarathon Man runs 50 races in 50 days

Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathonman is going to run 50 marathon races in 50 days.

This fall, the 43-year-old long distance runner will tackle one marathon a day for 50 consecutive days, running a total 1,310 miles in 50 days. And for each 26.2-mile race, Karnazes and his family of four will travel to a different U.S. state.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060816/od_nm/life_running_dc_4

Dean Karnazes was featured by KC's blog based on KC's review of Dean's book The Ultramarathon Man. Although I do not own the book, I was once tempted to race the San Francisco Marathon, which was hosted by Dean, in an interest to meet this crazy ultra marathon man.

Whilst I have yet to do even one marathon, imagine, this guy is 43 years old, so fit, and about to tackle the endurance test which has never been attempted before - in reality the body is able to tolerate the "abuse" but this has never been recommended before by most marathon training guides, which fousses on recovery after every marathon.

When is my turn?

Well, I am concious that with the current lifestyle I lead, I will not be able to attempt a marathon until I change the way work and live. Until then, I will settle for the half marathon again at least until next year.

No comments: