Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Would you hire a marathon runner?

I would always hire a marathon runner to work for me.

After so many years in the rat race, I am at a position to hire people to work for me. I admit, as an amateur runner, I have a great respect for those in the real race, those who dare to challenge the 42km. You cannot walk a marathon. Anyone who dares to attempt the marathon has the spirit and discipline to take on a challenge, and the perseverence to achieve this goal. The same precise reason I will always respect the distance - I guess it is still my goal to one day conquer it. But this does not preclude the fact that I would always hire a marathon runner. I respect all of you out there, for your determination and discipline to go for the distance and come in with respectful timing. Nothing defines your spirit more.

No comments: