Saturday, February 24, 2007

In Bed With...


To be honest, this is where I have been spending most of my time for the last one week of Gong Xi Fa Cai "on and off" vacation....



Stop! Before you go delusional about who I've been in bed with, this is really a "fun" posting about two totally unrelated matters....



This Chinese New Year has been kind to me, I've managed to spend time to eat moderately, start back on my pacing runs (on new year's eve!!!) and also rest, ie. really spend time in bed.


On the second matter is this picture which was taken in a bar called Bed in Heritage Row. It was a pretty interesting name - imagine the commotion it caused when people heard...

"Come, lets go to bed together"

"I am going to bed with Ms X and Mr Y" (three-some!)

"Join me in bed?"

"Are you coming to bed or not?"

"But the night is just young, I thought we were going to bed together?"

... many more hilarious ones!

My verdict was that bars and pubs are really imaginative nowadays, thinking of interesting and catchy themes to attract crowds.

Just the week before the night we spent in "Bed", I was at a company organised "pub-crawl" (by great persuasion...) and the third and final bars we visited were called "My Home" and "Apartment 101" in Sri Hartamas. You can imagine the ruckus when people started asking, are we going to My Home now? And whose apartment are we going to next? It turned out Apartment 101 got a shock when as many as 100-150 people turned up in full force cramped in a small 2nd floor shoplot which is a bar pretending to be a "village" looking apartment. Seats looked like a vietnamese bedroom!

Now, I got to go back to bed, I am getting up late tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there aint many young women like you who run. Its good that you run.its the most natural form of exercise.its still not popular in msia.BUT, fitness clubs in msia are booming,so ppl are more into indoor exercising i guess.
keep on raining for a good health.hehe.. do pursuade more ppl to run. hope you managed to convince ur family or ur husband or ur kids to run.hehe..

my mum calls me crazy to spend time running across the parks.

bye bye,happy running.
*rahul a casual and ocasional runner*