Wednesday, February 21, 2007

KLIM here we come...



As part of the ongoing running SIG we just recently formed at the office, Kell Jay (our coordinator) and I have succesfully convinced the company marketing team to sponsor our vests for the KLIM - this year we are both racing in the half marathon category - it is ok for me and I need to improve on my timing but a waste for Kell Jay who had in the last year posted great timings for the marathon but this year is also lamenting a lack of practice!

Nevertheless, it is with great pleasure for us to have successfully convinced 42 runners from our company to participate in the various categories in KLIM 2007 - 10km, 21km and 42km. Together with one resident photographer - we will attempt to storm the race in our bright orange vests - I have told some of the younger guys that if they do not meet the qualifying time, to please take off the vest before the finishing line!!!

It would be a good race to watch, as some of my colleagues have never raced before - but because of the ideal kiasu-ness and this "I can do anything" type of attitude, most of them have gamely signed-up.

To my colleagues - welcome to the racing world! But, please respect the distance.

See you at the starting line on 18th March 2007. (I have been starting my runs back during mxchinese new year, hurrah!)

No comments: