Sunday, March 11, 2007

10.4 and almost ready


Pic - At starting line of last year's KLIM.
One week before KLIM 2007 on March 18th. Last year, I pushed hard for my first half marathon for the KLIM - in the prep race on Pacesetters 20/30km race in January I achieved good timing and rhythm and had that gave me confidence I could finish the race for the KLIM half marathon 2006. Unfortunately the weeks leading up the race I had been very busy, and with Chinese New Year and the long hours at work, it ruined the pre-race preparation and caused me to be poorly prepared for the race - the result was a not so good timing and a long race distance without water which completely blew whatever mental prep I had left.


This year, I am more moderated in my pre-race preparation - with age and wiser (!), the past few weeks have been building up to the next week, today, we ran 8 laps at KLCC (1.3 per lap), thereby making 10.4km, half the race distance. It was quite a good race and we definitely did not regret not doing the SMART tunnel race because another friend who did the race and stopped for breakfast told us about the poor ventilation inside the tunnel thereby completely throwing some people off the pace.


We have gotten our "Saucony" vests - and it fits well!! It is very comfortable and great to race with, and the color is very obvious.... you cannot miss it.


See you on March 18th.

No comments: