Sunday, April 01, 2007

Heading for Rome - Can I find my peace of mind?


Two and a half years ago, I was here, on this corridor leading to the Sistine Chapel in the Vatican in Rome. This was one of the most breathtaking corridors leading to the famous holy chambers.
In that business trip, my first and one of the far more stressful site visits for a client, I threw a coin over my shoulder at the Trevi Fountain, and my wish was to come back to the fountain with someone special.
Fast forward, this is where I will be heading to in the next one week - albeit different not too different circumstances, and definitely not a personal trip to the fountain with someone special.
This job has taken me to many places for both business and pleasure, and I have cleverly managed to mixed both together. Whilst many fancy such seemingly fancy lifestyle, let me inform those I know that every job carries it stress limits and responsibilities. Where I once looked forward to these "rewards" of the job, I now dread these trips as I find myself more and more unable to have the peace of mind to enjoy.
I am headed for Rome, but I am not sure if I can find my peace of mind.
A long forgotten friend in US pinged me a couple of days ago, and I am reminded of his words once, "this too shall pass".... what next then?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i find it odd that you will head to where most people go to find peace and yet you are concerned that you won't have peace.

I do pray that the peace of God that surpasses all understanding can and will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus as you visit Rome once again.

May Ching said...

thank you for your well wishes. it is not the location, but the mind playing games on me, one finds peace anywhere if there is peace inside.

May Ching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.