Monday, April 09, 2007

Solutions for a Small Planet

The processor took a break this weekend. I had a big workshop on Friday which was just completed and it drained every ounce of energy I had left. In the end, I hardly turned on my computer over the weekend, which turned out to be a good rest for me.

The phrase "Solutions for a Small Planet" I believe comes from IBM. I believe a long time ago, this was the catch phrase for the eCommerce revolution. If it is not the right party I am acknowledging, I apologise.

This phrase was in my head over and over again on Friday during the whole day workshop for my client. Everything we spoke about was to enable our client to develop a solution for the market and customer. The beauty about the telecommunications and IT industry is that both are areas where solutions developed are such an integral part of our lives now.

Wouldn't it be fun to develop solutions that are cheap and available to the public and benefit everyone?

+ Always on phones for the young child to mum and dad - press of a button to talk
+ Affordable computers to the entire nation, similar to the cheap computers in Africa
+ Broadband to everyone, mobility and broadband to every person, every where
+ Abolishing international phone rates which are ridiculously expensive
+ Abolishing roaming rates which are ridiculously expensive
+ Mobile TV for those who do not have time
+ No fixed line phones at home
+ Call conferencing for the family and friends
+ Two of you everywhere, anywhere, your virtual self

Solutions for a small planet.

Note : These were not the solutions we discussed in the workshop

No comments: