Thursday, February 28, 2008

Mobile Phone Photographer

I admit it. I have downgraded to become a mobile phone photographer.

Against the chilled "cool toy" of the iPhone, I bought the Korean LG's beauty product - the Viewty, on eve of the eve of chinese new year. It was my CNY present to myself. It had been almost a year since I bought my last phone - the Sony Ericsson K800. The K800 used to be the cool toy - 3MP camera, and an extremely good buy - it had never broken down in my entire use of it.

Then I started noticing that everyone had the K800 - from my manager to my staff to my contractor. At one point in time, when I sat down in a working table and put my handphone on the table, I could not even differentiate which was mine.

Why the Viewty? Firstly the name is a lousy "chinaman" name - viewty, beauty ... heheh, very corny. The camera has its share of difficult usage - the sms is not really easy, and a keypad-less phone gets using to. However, after a weekend, it got better and i got used to the phone with the mascara (it had a mascara like stylus attached in a little dangling stick)

But I guess when I got used to it, I kind of liked playing with the 5MP camera. Imagine, about 8 years ago, I bought my first digital camera it was 1MP, Kodak. I have since upgraded to a 3MP camera three years later, and then another three years later a Nikon D70s DSLR 6MP and a Sony Cybershot T10 7MP for my family members.

Imagine, this phone now has a 5MP camera... how times has changed. It can even do ISO setting, exposure adjustment, focus, and an online edit and upload to YouTube. Wow....

Times have changed.

I am now a mobile phone photog.

No comments: