Friday, April 04, 2008

What a long week!

Phew, what a long week it had been.... and I have just gotten a small fragment of time to blog, but I do think the long week will not finally end until end of day tomorrow.

The week started the beginning of last week, when I had a roller coaster week, I was doing almost 5 different things every day / different critical things and projects related areas for the week. When I reached Thursday I was almost wiped out and I had even more on Friday. This is almost when I started to control my timing for the weekend.

Saturday - AM Trailblazer treasure hunt
Sunday - AM - Ran the half-marathon at the KL International Marathon, PM boarding a overnight flight to Sydney ex Singapore (with only 3 hrs sleep on the flight and some sore legs)
Monday - AM - reached Sydney hotel with 30 mins to spare before my training starts, PM visited a university friend whom I've not seen for many years
Tuesday - AM - day started at 8am, ended at 3pm. PM - went for a whirlwind tour of Sydney from Sydney Harbour Bridge/Opera House, boarding a ferry to Darling Harbour, visited the Sydney Aquarium, then had my Krispy Kreme doughnuts for dinner, and then a bunch of concalls
Wednesday - AM - day started with post office trip to send stuff to my brother in Melbourne, and then boarded a flight back to KL ex Singapore
Thursday - AM back to work, skipped both presentations I had, did lunch with client, and another bunch of concalls, a tender opening announcement, and finally to pick up costumes for D&D and camera equipment from brother at night.
Friday - D&D

And I am so completely drained... but I survived! I am not proud of this mad schedule, in fact if anything, I think it has finally cracked my need for speed.

When I was walking towards the pier in Sydney, on a bright Tuesday afternoon, in Sydney. I was really thinking, I need to quit this rat race. I had been coughing and suffering a lack of rest for the whole almost two weeks, and when I was walking towards the pier with a coffee in hand, with no hurry, I felt the world suddenly slowed, and I was walking down a road in sydney, going to see one of the most beautiful and famous sights in Australia. Why should I not be doing this more often? And for a good afternoon, I stopped coughing.

The soul is screaming for a rest!!!!

No comments: