Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Malakoff 12km - 21st Dec 2008



This was the closest 10km and above race I have ever been to, and what a better place to do it than Taman Rimba Kiara, greenery and all. The photographers all had a field day, including many photographers you don't see in a run event.

The route was changed last minute, as informed by organisers just days before the event. I was disappointed to not be able to run down the Kiara road and through to the Penchala Link. The last time I did that was the Tunnel Run, and that time we ran from Mont Kiara and I took part in the 5km race only.

Anyway, as it turns out, the organisers chose a safe "internal" route, parallel to KLGCC and the Kiara Hills - and it was so hilly!!! But it was a good race, it helped me to practice the hills and allowed me to practice also sprinting down the hills to fully push the entire body, legs, quads, whatever. As a result, I had a bit of side split at the end of 6km, and had a tougher recovery, quads still a bit sore, because I pushed running downhill (happily!) !!!



I stole a few photos from Tey and Jason Lee (via KC site). I am learning new things everyday despite three years running. My stance is one of a slightly heavy (and lazy) runner. See this shots (even Mr Tey runs with a nice bended leg). So simply said, the good runner has efficient pace and push from toes to run further and more efficiently. As such, the back leg is always bend in motion, not just bend slightly. The front leg is sometimes in almost approaching 90 degrees.

I got to learn to run again !!

No comments: