Thursday, September 10, 2009

Stop, Pause, Rewind, Forward...

I have not blogged for a long long time.  I can somehow understand how writers suffer writer's block.  I on the other hand am just burnt out at work. 

I read this book, it said, when you make it a habit, it becomes a habit.  So, here goes, welcome back to the blogging world, and please bear with me, I need to warm up.

Strange photo to post, you may think?  Well, I just bought a new camera lens yesterday, and as usual, I like to point and shoot just about anything.  

They said the sign of a clean table is a sign of a sick mind.  Mine just has permanent clutter.  This part of my table which I deemed publishable is indeed been there for a long while, but peering at the picture quality led me to think about how it so aptly describes me.

"Not a Mess but Unorganized Clutter"
Who would claim their desk resembles a mess and hence similarly their lives?  Look at the photo and you would see a vision of a 0.001% view of the person I am - language - chinese, culture - philippines, how to simplify your life (!!!), thomas friedman, accenture golf tournament pewter card stand, ipod in an airport clear liquid bag (!!! not used?!), random pieces of small petty cash from last trip, some hydration gel I bought at SCSM last year, old mouse, headphones, border card, even mars and venus book... (!!!).
Go figure... an organized clutter, not a mess... don't you think?

"Read Me"
I like to read as much as I enjoy books which are short, sweet and my biggest secret is that I never finish reading the books I buy anyway!  Who could do so when we now have so little time?  But yet, I love book shops and hanging around book shops never bore me, it relaxes me tremendously.  

"Needs Time Out"
This is indeed my main problem and the main reason why I have not blogged for a while.  Just as much as my desk has been the same view for the last 6 months, some of the books there in the picture probably has been there for the last 6 years and maybe more.  The picture is just as much as my state of writing and expression - bland, slightly disorganized - I have thoughts nowadays which I cannot hold for more than 5 minutes, and sometimes I have thoughts which I am trying to block my concious mind from thinking so that I can avoid problems or things to do at work.

I am at a burnt out stage - not miserable but just monumentally tired and out of juice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Take a break and recharge your battery...it'll do you a whole world of good.