Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pensive thoughts

Today I sms'ed him and he called back. I have not spoken to him for two years at least, I cannot remember when... we are, still the same... there is still the same wall between us, but I have to relearn how to really know my old friend again.

All of a sudden, meeting a whole bunch of people over dinner made me think of that short 5 min call again this afternoon. If we are the same, how do we become friends again? I am not sure, but I am also not too disturbed over this.

Somehow, in the stories of me and my oldest friend, I am always the one who over-dos, over-thinks. I am not sure why, but even now, when I am not over thinking, I still feel ... disappointed.

Can men and women never be friends in a platonic nature? I'd like to say... no.

Pensive. I guess it comes with growing old.

No comments: