Sunday, November 01, 2009

Happy Birthday


















































Happy Birthday!







Pic1 - Having my cup cake and eating it too
Pic2 - Pretty cupcakes from my sis-in-law
Pic3 - Halloween Candies... (fingers, thumbs and RIP chocs)
Pic4 - The hand makes its appearances on my guests..

Today, Nov 1, is my birthday. I am rarely so self appreciating, but this time I thought I would go all out to celebrate, even at minimum, if not, write myself a celebratory blog.

I will do one of those ala facebook style of factual about myself for my birthday :
· My name in Chinese means everlasting beauty. I look in the mirror and most of the time I don’t see the beauty. But I see beauty sometimes in my style, my persistence, my love for the simpler life or what I call simple enjoyments. Where does beauty end in the exterior and where does it start in the interior? Is it true that in order to be beautiful, and to have everlasting beauty, one has to be able to see that beauty themselves more?

· In Philippines, Nov 1 is a holiday every year. It is All Saints day. I am a saint!!! I have never been called a saint before, but then I realized today that saints are DEAD people! I do not want to be a saint! All Saints day is like All Souls day in Chinese – they celebrate by going to the cemetery!!!! This is so sad…. I am alive, not dead. Celebrate me as I am as alive as you are.

· November is the month of the beautiful but deadly scorpion, the star sign for Scorpio. I am a true blood Scorpio, though not much a believer in horoscopes, the interesting thing is that Scorpios are intense creatures. Vengence is high on the list. And passion too... (how do you mix that?)... heheh, do not cross me. You will not like me when you cross me. You will like me a lot if you love me :-)

· I love pork. I am also born under a chinese sign of a pig. This means I am lazy and a self serving bastard, eat a lot and also sleep a lot. What I love about being under the Chinese pig sign is that the pig, being lazy has to learn how to be lazy. Most of the time, I think I’m a half breed as I really got to learn how to be lazy more!

· 111 – There are too many ones in my birthday. I am as always, your super kiasu number one, although sometimes my poker face hides this kiasuness. In reality, I shy away from the limelight, but never have I not looked at something I consider a challenge, and back down. Number 1.

· Previous birthdays have been not great experiences for me. I cannot remember one which I can say is worth remembering. The only one I can remember is the one when I had to work overnight on my birthday. That just about gives away how terribly overworked I am.

I would like to say, I had a great simple halloween, birthday, house warning little cosy meal yesterday. Thank you for those who could make it. I am learning to be older, wiser, simpler and above all, the ever humble servant of the greater mysteries of life.

No comments: