Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back to Penang - and discovering good food and no finishing line...

I am back at Penang after one year away from the Penang Marathon. There is a certain feeling from running .. that level of anxiety mixed with excitement, nervousness to step on the starting line and also the can I really finish this race feeling.

I cannot express the moment, but running to me after two years of being in Penang, ran 22.7km, I will still get to the starting line tomorrow at 345am, and all nervous to run another race.

It takes a runner to understand what a runner feels, and even though I do not really class myself as a serious runner (yet!), I am very glad this time to continue to have the camaraderie of friends to be at that starting line with me.

The feeling - butterflies in the stomach for a 21km race?

I am in love with this feeling just purely because it tells me I still have a long way to go, a great level of appreciation for running, and to discover this tells me most importantly, I am very much alive and hope this self discovery will continue for many years.

There is no finishing line.

No comments: