Friday, November 18, 2005

Playing at the highest level


There were 36 teams of on average 6 people. Each team painted a square. The squares were put together.. and the Big Picture was formed!

It was a funny feeling in the stomach. It is indeed an excitement to be here in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, for Leadership Development Program, knowing I am playing at the highest level. In my years working with Accenture, I have only recently know how much I really enjoy my job despite sometimes the long hours I work and part of the reason is the passion of the people I meet.

I have said this is a "non-passion" sport in my recent return to blogging. To come to a stage over the last two years to have transformed the non-passion to a passion is to have understood what is balance, and accepted I have a lack of balance. And yet have the courage to refine my own self in the process to find a very personal leadership style and still learning how to work with it.

Living life to the extreme is being here today, with no regrets, because everything is a choice. What I do not have and have yet to have, is balanced with what I have. A good leader needs to work hard, be lucky and be smart enough to spot the luck.

Leadership is tough, but a choice we choose everyday. Extreme leadership is leading with truth and passion. I want to be an extreme leader, not just in work, but in life.

Sometimes it takes to take one away from the environment, many thousands of miles away I can finally think about who I am.

No comments: