Monday, February 27, 2006

Triple Highs At Carlsbad


It has got to be a triple high week.

High #1 : Me and Diego & Team
I was one of the two in my team to present to the Accenture CHT Operating Committee, the top 15 people running CHT global in Accenture, including the CEO of the CHT group. We were the first team to present, and I opened the session. Although I presented only 30% of the presentation, it was a high. Even my bosses have never gotten this opportunity. It opened a world of higher level issues within Accenture I would never had the chance to encounter if I did not have a chance to participate in this leadership development program (LDP). It also gave us a chance to mingle on first names to our leadership and identify with them, and enabled me the passionate old-timer to give them my two cents worth from the little kampung of malaysia.

High #2 : Saw Tiger, Go on, Be with Tiger.
I watched one day of the Accenture World Matchplay championship! It was a once in a life-time opportunity to be standing in a golf course, about 5 feet from Tiger Woods, when he is teeing off in a matchplay. Even better was that it was an Accenture sponsored matchplay, and that in a dinner function, I had the chance to attend, we had an opportunity to hear him talk about his success.

High #3 : Met Bill. Bill Green, Accenture CEO
Introduced ourselves - Hiro (Accenture Japan), Peter (Accenture Sydney) and Allen (Accenture Shanghai) to Bill Green during the dinner function. Only those of us will appreciate this. We took initiative, us who has little interaction opportunity, the minority. What is wrong with saying hello to your CEO, after all we travelled over many thousand miles to be with the LDP group....

The three highs are both career and a sense of personal standing.

San Diego and Tiger Woods has been eventful.

Sub-High #4 : Stayed at Four Seasons
A feeling of how it is at the jet-setting league. I wished the week never ended, even though the presentations were very tiring!

2 comments:

Rich said...

Hi May - I stumbled across your blog from following links at other sites. I re-lived my past through your posts, because I'm ex-Accenture, way back, ancient history, Andersen Consulting even. 1989-1999. I left to try my luck elsewhere.

Back then, Joe Forehand ran the Dallas office. Later Bill Green would drop by when he had regional responsibilities. Too late for me to go back "home" (and it was a home in more ways than one - I think you know what I mean!), but I'm happy for you that you have the chance to take in everything the firm has to offer.

Oh, BTW - like you, I'm a runner. And I grew up in Singapore (that's ancient history too).

May Ching said...

Hi,
Interesting comment. I sometimes forget that it seemed so evident my occasional "passion" for everything, including even a mundane thing like work-life seems to reflect in my own blogs!

Good to hear from you, ex-ACian and what a coincidence, a runner too. Keep in touch.

ngmayching@yahoo.com