Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Thinking whilst running

The next few post must be dedicated to the euphoria I had on completing in my first half marathon and the first KL International Marathon event (KLIM).

What do you think whilst running? I admit the amount of time really thinking is proportionate to focus. For this 21km race the last weekend, I could only really focus for half the race, the first half which I ran well.

When running, it is definitely a very interesting reflecting time. People wonder - how can you think when you are running? Surprisingly, a few runners agreed with me - you do a LOT of thinking whilst you are running to occupy and focus yourself.

One of the questions in my mind last week Sunday whilst doing my first half marathon was one which a close friend asked me - "Why do you do it?" in referring to my newfound interest in running.

And my response was "Because it is very motivating".

"Do you need that motivation?"
"No, but I really enjoy it - it is something I can do and look forward to doing"

Just like golf.

One has to have passions. My passion lists grew and only came about in the last few years - I love to run for the sport itself, just as much as golf, and as much as capturing a beautiful shot.

I never realised I think when I am running. I have also argued with myself sometimes, examined my actions, played scenarios in my head, even imagine conversations with the next 10 people running closest to me. Ask a runner... you'd be surprise what is in his head whilst running. Tell me your thoughts!

No comments: