Monday, March 27, 2006

Drinking Two Litres+ of Water Daily

According to best practice, docter's advice is to drink two litres of water daily, equivalent to approximately 8 glasses of water. Last weekend, whilst rummaging in between my things, I found a 1 litre bright red water bottle given as a souvenir (bribe) for us to participate in the Rat Race last year. It has a glossy label on it "Chicago Triathlon". I decided to bring it to the office today to see if I can drink 2 litres of water daily, intentionally. My approach was to be able to drink 2 litres off the bottle, and everything else in between like lunch, coffee, at night or in the morning can be taken as healthy extra.

It is now 7pm. I had just refilled the bottle about 30 minutes ago! I've got to really train myself to drink more water. It is a great effect on the skin, prevents kidney problems and also cleans the system. At least this is a first step to a healthier lifestyle, in addition to try to eat on time and sleeping earlier.

Well, I have still got a few more hours to go ...

1 comment:

BlendedGuy said...

Sometimes when I'm walking around the during the day... feeling tired .. I find that the best way to refresh myself is not a hot cup of coffee, or a ice blended or a coke (oh.. the sugar in all of that) .. but a nice small helping of bottled water.

It's also cheap - like 1.50 to 2.00 units of our local currency for a bottled water (it's 0.99 at the supermarket!) compared with 2.50 and upwards for the flavored drinks.

Best of all,.. you feel fantastic after drinking plain ole water!

Great idea.. you've inspired me to try the same.

Tomorrow I'll try the same.. will bring my large water tupperware type container !!!