Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Beijing Postcards-2 - Beijing Olympics 2008


Click here for the link to the photos I took on my whirlwind tour of Beijing.

Beijing is transforming itself to accomodate the millions of tourists for the 2008 Olympics. Pictures of the mascot - a hybrid of some form of panda bear (there are I think 5 of them) are plastered all over subways newly built to accomodate the traffic inflow. An expected 10 new lines for the subway is planned for up to 2008. Typical to China, mass development is anchored on opportunities such as the Olympics to showcase the mass, talent, capabilities and industrilisation of China.

I am sure the tourists and visitors will be overwhelmed and welcomed into the world's largest growing economy. I would love to be there for the opening ceremony of the games. See you there.

No comments: