Friday, March 14, 2008

7 years @ TPM and still hungry...

As a consulting professional, I've always been mostly at clients site for work.

On and off, I have been at Technology Park Malaysia for about 7 years with some breaks in between (3 clients!).

This morning, this guy just really made me laugh - i was rushing off for a 2pm appointment without my lunch and he stopped me at the car park (do I look very friendly to young chaps - I thought everyone really thinks I look too snappily fierce recently?)

Young Malay Guy : Nak tanya, di mana ada tempat makan? Saya baru pindah office!
Me : Huh, err.... then I started staring at direction of APIIT - hesitated as it was quite far to point, then said - Disini tak ada tempat makan
Young Malay Guy : Huh, tak ada?
Me : Ya, tak ada, langsung tak ada - and started to point towards APIIT, muttered something like sana, turn right.
Young Malay Guy : (Very confused with the langsung tak ada and repeated) Saya baru pindah sini
Malay Man walking past : Makan? Di sana, kanan, ada kolej...
Me : (Nodding) Ya, APIIT... (Thinking, Ok, I can go now...)
Young Malay Guy : Jauh kah?
Malay Man walking past : Ya, 10 mins?
Young Malay Guy : Huh?
Me : (Started to LEAVE...!!!!)

Poor guy. Technology Park even after 7 years there on and off still has NO place to EAT on walking distance except APIIT (which serves paltry college kid food).

And why do strangers ask me questions like that? Just the same as the KLCC guy manning the scanner machine - sometimes he likes to practice his english on me "Good morning, how are you?" These guys do it only to specific people, and trust me, I know I do not have a "wish me a good morning face" - maybe I have a blank face and they want to see if I'm brain dead?

And I'd write more on 7 years @ TPM later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cyberjaya was a barren food place for the longest time. There was the food court at Shell complex and Street Mall. But having said that sounds like TPM is in worse shop with absolutely *nothing* at all in the area ? Amazing how things like this can be oversighted. Bad enough it's in the middle of almost nowhere :)

May Ching said...

well nothing much in walking distance... so much for the "silicon valley" of KL... no wonder rental so cheap

The Forgetful One! said...

Maybe he was acting ignorant just so he can jump into your beautiful car ... and rob you!!!! Be careful when bimmer-ing around :-D