Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sundown Marathon 42km Finisher

I did it! My first marathon run completed at Sundown Marathon in Singapore - this morning! I did not sleep the whole night. The feeling is, ecstatic. Every km beyond 21km was a new zone to me, I freely admit to not advocate my not enough training approach. But, with a bit of careful treatment, carbo loading, gel packing, pacing, and the night race, I finished my first marathon despite not a great timing, but I fully enjoyed this race.

It is a question of sufficient preparation and eventually, mind over matter, and now I fully understand why the experienced runners are addicted - "pain is temporary, quitting is forever" - I saw this on one of the runner's shirt.

Let me savor this for a moment ... will write a proper race summary and some photos later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Joyce said...

Congrats ! Shall aspire to run my first marathon soon too!

May Ching said...

thanks haza and joyce.
run-run-run! its a better feeling than drugs ...