Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Shoes are Back on!

It has thus far, been a reasonably healthy new year.

I've taken the "initiative" to laze off a bit on the second day back after new year's day, and went to the gym, at Fitness First menara maxis, for the first time since I signed up. The truth was, I've always imagined myself to be doing the menara maxis gym because it was nearby the KLCC Twin Towers where I occasionally am there almost 50% of the time. Moreover, I've actually met quite a few people who go to the gym and it is kind of like a home gym, I've double signed up California Fitness and Fitness First because I got a free year from Cal Fitness, but MidValley is a dreadful deadlock everytime anytime of the day.

So, just the second day after new year, I stopped by the gym at Menara Maxis, for a short workout, and a short run. These days, I'm tired even after 4km, which in the speed I run on treadmills is about 30mins. However, it is kind of interesting that as I pick up back the gym course, I could actually run faster on the treadmill without getting too tired.

The gym was also the place where I have decided to embark upon more strength training. I am hoping these will help me get back in shape and also fitness for the 20km GE race I signed up for. Was almost tempted for 30km, but in no way was I in shape..!!!

On Saturday, I did another round in the gym, thus on Sunday, my choice of Bukit Aman vs Bukit Tabur (Klang Gates ridge, a hike organised by some colleagues) was good - my Bukit Aman conquer of Double Hill never felt so good despite at least about 5km I did it on my own. However, there were many runners, so there was no fear for safety. I also counted many houses where there were security guards, so it felt safer and I would speed up when I was near them.

This Thursday, and coming Sunday, I'm looking for increasing the distance to 15km and 20km, so that I could have a good race on the 20th Jan.

No comments: