Friday, September 26, 2008

Experiments of the heart

A few lbs (just a few) lighter, and after recovering from a nasty flu last week, I started running again this week and found myself running faster and feeling lighter as well. Was it due to the 2-3kms I tried to do after work outside and it was getting dark and I ran faster? Or the Dean Karnezas book which inspired me? I do not know but it was a strange release and a good feeling because I felt free and relaxed...

Today also marked another one of my boredom experiments, something I've always wanted to do but never tried - I tried to do the stationary bike at the gym for 30kms - am so proud to know that I made it easily !!! I have no benchmark to compare, but it was around 70 minutes, and I guess this is a bit slow, but the strange thing was that during the ride I was bored and tried to experiment with controlling my heart rate. It scared me because by a focussed calm, I managed to drop my hearrate from 110 to 95 within less than half a minute. It was a pretty weird "experiment" as I tried to recreate a type of calm to slow down my heart and I found it could work. At the end of the bike ride, I actually found a slower heart rate than when I started, whilst the two fellas working out next to me were panting and sweating profusely!

I cannot believe I am conducting lab tests on myself...

No comments: