Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Long Way Home

Pic 1 - Family Day at Federation Square on Father's Day





Pic 2 - Seriously I was really at my niece concert on one of the nights. I spent 3 hrs at a 7 year old's grade 2 concert! Seriously, the Australian primary school kids did such an elaborate concert!
Pic 3 - The Melbourne Arts Center from the Eureka skydeck

Pic 4 - Seriously, I spent AUD 15 to stand on the Edge on the Eureka Skydeck... a cubic structure which slowly edges out of the building such that when they defrost the glass, you see you are standing on a piece of glass 88 stories fronm the ground.

September was a busy month for me, in a different sort of way. I was sick again for two weeks, making this a really "poor health" year for me.





Making a difference, I travelled to Australia for a recruitment drive for the firm. In a span of 11 days I was away, I did about 5 campus and off campus career fair, three and a half full days of interviews, talked to probably about 200-300 people about the firm, worked two full saturdays, went out on ALL days to catch up with my friends, and had a family day sunday with my brother, and my mum and dad, in Australia!

Phew.

Indeed, it has been a long way home for me, and somehow, away from my home in Malaysia, I tend to be slack on blogging, busy or not. And coming back home last week, I was really out for two days - down with the flu, and my defences were broken finally!



Well, this is indeed a personal blog, so no photos of work, and these were the only time I managed to squeeze out to spend doing other things.

I studied in Melbourne for my undergraduate degree, and since then have only been back to melbourne a few times. There was a great sense of deja vu, but also a sense that I was a visitor passing by this time. I never felt a strong kinship with Melbourne, although I still have a lot of good friends and my brother and his family is still there.

Nevertheless, I am glad to be home.

No comments: