Saturday, October 22, 2005

Soul Food
I pressed the reset button on my processor yesterday, and rebooted myself. It is difficult to understand how and why people feel stressed, depressed or anxious. Do you not wish that you could, when you need to, just press a reset button and then you can start all over again?

If you are feeling down, tired or stressed, let me introduce you to some soul food.
1. Reflexology - Foot pampering. This is my favourite soul food... though the foot gets all the relaxation, people say that many parts of our body is linked to the soles of our feet. Nothing beets a good press... ooh... they say pleasure is pain :-)

2. Music - Radio is my favourite. I love the upbeat mood of the radio dj's. My favourite station is Mix FM. The two programs and djs I love is the morning breakfast show couple, Shazmin and Richard and the night love songs and dedication - Aldeena. They have so much energy!!!!

3. Exercise - Going to the gym at night, even after an exhausting long day is really good for the body, exercise brings up the positive happy energy similar to eating chocolate, except that it also helps you keep healthy!!

4. Shopping - This one only applies to the girls. Some guys I know do this as well, but at a higher price level, they buy cars, gadgets, stuff too pricy for the normal person! Shopping never fails to sooth the soul!

5. Coffee - This is also one very specific to me... a love for coffee!

6. Friends - They say this is the best remedy, and its true, good friends take you as you are, on your blue, bright, and many shades day, and accept you for who you are.

7. Food - Good food is always good for the soul! (Is that where the word soul food come from?). Having a good meal and not rushing through the meal, but savoring the food, this is life's best moments :-) Don't skip meals just because you are down...

8. Mind over matter - A wise man said 'mood is choice', and I said to someone else on another occasion, I am always happy because I change my attitude to life... now to keep that attitude intact...

A reset button is virtual. Create one if you don't have one, and take charge of life before it takes charge of you.

Beep.

No comments: