Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bunga Raya Course @ Saujana GCC


I achieved another notable first today, I played a round of golf (note, I am still on leave ok...) at the Saujana Bunga Raya Course with my friend TAL.
The first time I've been to Saujana GCC was to view the Malaysian Open Golf tournament. I cannot remember when it was, maybe 2004 or 2005? I walked and followed Thongchai Jaidee on the Sunday final round, it was quite interesting to be a spectator of an open golf tournament.
This time, was the first time I've ever played at the Bunga Raya course at Saujana - they have 3 courses - Palm, Bunga Raya and championship Cobra course.
It was a refreshing experience because the course was pleasant, well maintained and the entire course was covered with greens and trees between holes which made it feel like a fresh lush forest - the smell of fresh greens and trees filled the air, and the relative slowness of pace refreshed me. The regulars were walking the course, and we took our time in casualness, even had a short 5 mins break between the two 9 holes and still ended up only taking about 3 hours 45 mins!
Green invigorates. This was the difference and this was why I did not like the urban jungle of singapore. It felt congested and lack of space for the individual in the urban concrete jungle, but just 15 mins from home, I could enjoy the greens of a lush course which was both challenging and relaxing.
I may seriously consider buying the membership if my golfing buddies does the same.

No comments: