Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Suey comes in twos

Suey is the chinese word for bad luck. I had two unfortunate events over the weekend. Firstly was my trip to Ipoh and my encounter with the police. Secondly was my car being hit from the back by a Lexus.

Suey#1
Cannot believe I got up at 5:30am to go for a golf game. Truthfully, I was almost ambitious enough to go for both the game and the Ipoh International Run the next day, luckily my more sensible side got the better. In any case, at around almost 1.5 hours, I think around just past Tapah, I was stopped by the traffic cop who had probably placed a "gunner" about 5 km upfront because we saw lots of cars flashing on opposite side of the road and had slowed down for at least 2-3 km. How fast was I travelling - probably at most 120km/h at a 110km/h max stretch. I guess the cops were really shooting.

Thereafter comes the interesting part - my license has expired!! And expired 3 months!! Even I was surprised, because I thought I had renewed recently. The fact is that my memory of the renewal was 5 years back!! (In this case, my processor has too much memory!).

So, got off the car, let my friend drive and gracefully feigned ignorance and also quite truthfully so, and got a schedule letter from the cop.

This morning I found out I could not pay the compound - I had to appear in COURT!!! AT SLIM RIVER, PERAK!!! Where? Uh, where? Sigh, time to get my horses in action to sniff out the best way to get out of this. Otherwise the courts will be crowded if everyone really has to appear for "not bringing driving license" offence. Please let me know if you know how to do this the "pay the fine" way.

Suey#2
As though that was not bad enough, the next day, whilst I was on my way to the Curve, stationary waiting for a jam to move on, the car at the back HIT me! It was a Lexus, and the gentleman was slightly apologetic. And I confirm it was not to pick me up, because the guy was late 40s, has a wife in the car, and is a Malay. Hopefully he will be ok to pick up the tab. 8233 (I call my car by its number plate), is now "scratched" officially. Sigh....

Please let me know if you know of a good car docter for "scratches". Ok, it was not so bad, but I felt very low chi after that incident.


Suey comes in twos, hopefully three's a crowd ...

3 comments:

NekoHime said...

Dont ride in Nick's car. He will say it is you.

May Ching said...

All I can say is that the suey jumped... and it jumped from him!!! Hopefully now our young kancil owner is reunited with her fixed car, the suey will return home or die down.

Anonymous said...

Wahliao weih!!