Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hookers and Rats


Pic - Hooker's Cup team 2006

No, there is no correlation of these two terms. They are perhaps a "side" distraction to me in the forthcoming weeks. That is if I decide to go ahead and participate in the two events.

The first is Hooker's Cup. This year, it will be held together with a company wide gathering in Rompin next week. My lady colleague referred it wrongly as Hooker's Club, and my response was, no, I do not belong to a hooker's club, do you? :-)

Well, Hooker's Cup is the annual internal company golf tourament - it is a friendly tournament and over the last three years, I have taken the ladies champion trophy. Let me first explain a few key points for inference of my skills :

1) The first year there was only one lady participant - that was the first time I had played in a tournament, it was almost like 1 year after I picked up golf and my score was a bit pathetic

2) The second year there were three lady participant and one of them was the ex-champion. I beat the ex-champion!!!!

3) Last year, there was only one lady participant again and I won a Michelle Wie book - haha!

Why Hookers? Well, in golf, you either hook or slice and since golf is such a man's game and the people in my company are so creative with names the hooker's name was coined many years back when the tournament started, and it stuck! Except that it does not sound good for females to be in this tournament....

Pic - Rat Race Team 2006 - will I be doing 2007? Can you see we were so game for the fun we did the t-shirts and poses during one of the "practice runs"

Rats is for the Edge Bursa KL Rat Race 2007, to be held on August 7th this year. This is my most enjoyable race (Read September posting last year) - I have taken part in the Rat Race for nearly 3 years in a row. This year, since KC (RHB, the champ!) is injured and won't be taking part, there is hardly anyone I know who runs and enjoys this race as much as I do, so maybe I will give up the slot for other colleagues.

Except that no one really pushes the race preparation and marketing like I do!!! The team needs my goading...!!! So far I've been successful to persuade my MD to go for the CEO race.... Sigh, where are all the young enthusiastic exuberant people who pushes the extreme in ridicule and props carrying when I need them.....

No comments: