Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Together in Separate Cars

Today we had a conversation about discouraging my treasure hunt team mate on going for a treasure hunt with her boyfriend. It was not because we think lowly of the boyfriend, it was just merely because we worked together better as a team whilst her boyfriend was relatively untested. So, I abused my power of a superior at some point after working hours (timing is important) and spoke to him about the demerits of doing the team game with your other half. Fortunately or unfortunately there was little resistance to my POV of being in separate teams! Ah, if you are in treasure hunting, you will understand the context...

The truth be it, well better written than spoken - I have first hand experience in this matter during my first few debut trips on treasure hunts about maybe many years ago. Time has passed by such that I don't really remember when, but it was the Kiwanis Hunt to Penang. I was in the same car as my boyfriend then, and I think there were two others in the car who were my friends, whilst his sister hunted with my other friend and a few girls. Though we did not argue, it was more the after the hunt which gave me the bad experience. The team was really my friends rather than his, so he actually stuck closely with his sister and friends during the trip. And this overnight trip and his preference to be with his sister whilst I wanted him to join my friends as we were in the same car really drove us both to the edge, even all the way driving back.

I guess I was young then, but this really taught me that it was not too good to do team events if you really want only one person's attention, you may as well take it private and enjoy your team events!

No comments: