Monday, September 04, 2006

Black Friday


I have had a horrible weekend starting from Friday. Everything has not turned out well.

I had a car accident on Friday morning going to work at the LDP. The car in front of me took an emergency break because a taxi in front of him stopped and turned left suddenly. I also took an emergency brake, but I could not stop in time.

I was lucky to escape unhurt. I was calm, but really scared for a good five minutes. They say, this is the 7th month of the chinese calendar, it is the month of the hungry ghost.

I remember a split second that I could see the car's behind coming up and knew I was going to hit it. That split second was quite terrifying because you can see it coming, but cannot do anything.

After a police report in the morning, and back home, I went back to work in the afternoon. I am now grounded without a car, but one nice friend loaned me his car just now, and I am back with transport.

But the episode really scared me. There are many what if's that could have surfaced, and from picture it looks badly smashed, but really, am I appreciating the what if of life? And how precious each moment is? Why I can only think of work?

I am chilled by my own coldness towards my own most priceless asset - my life.

Yesterday I woke up with a severe whip lash on my neck and back, and was reminded of the what-ifs again. What I really need is a break.

Luckily I am recovered from my whip lash, and should still be able to run tomorrow's rat race.

Scold me if you see me. I need a wake up call seriously. For not appreciating life enough.

2 comments:

BlendedGuy said...

Hi May Ching,

Sorry to hear of your accident!

Firstly, thankful to hear that you are alright.

Secondly, thankful that NO ONE ELSE was hurt.. coz that would really be bad.

Damage to car looks bad! Looks like hard hit and will take $$$ and time to fix.

But with cars (and I apply this to my own car), my moral is : better break the car, than to break your ownself. Cars can be fixed or replaced, all it takes is money and that is replenishable; but limbs and health are not.

Take care!

May Ching said...

I agree. Thanks for your well wishes. As a wise man told me, better you lose money than to lose your life.