Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Power of the Nikon Zoom Lens at A Ballet Recital

A respite from serious stuff, running and a bit of non-conventional fare ...

I attended my niece's ballet recital a few weeks back, on the 26th August. This was a charity event held at the PJ Civic Center, organised by the various branches of the Lee Lee Lan school of ballet (a very famous dance school which I've heard of even when I was young).

The instructions on the leaflet mentioned to not have cameras with flash and video recorders - so I brought along my Nikon D70s, and comfortably (and lazily) sitting in a good position in the middle about 10 rows from the stage, I had a good position to use my 200mm zoom - without flash - it captured an outstanding set of pictures - the ones pasted here are already sized down to 100k from the full 6MP I set it on.

Most of all - it was a spectacular evening of dances, and I managed to capture my little niece on stage!








Pict 1- Lee Lee Lan on the stage after the concert

Pict 2- A more teenage pair doing a duet

Pict 3- The flexible young ballerina

Pict 4- The girl in the center is my niece! (doing a broadway piece)

Pict 5- What is a ballet without a piroutte (is that how it is spelled?)

1 comment:

BlendedGuy said...

Amazing... seems like everyone else is taking good low light photos but me.

Would be really cool if you published your camera settings for each photo :)

I've linked to your blog too. ;)